Monday, November 16, 2009

Ideal Agent Trait #1: Professionalism

A couple of postings ago I discussed the difference between a professional and an order taker. Here's what I said:
An order taker says, "You go look and find what you want and then call me and I'll fill out the offer for you and submit it to the agent for the seller."

A professional says, "Oh, well let's have coffee and talk about what kind of house you'd like. I'll do a search for you, give you some options. Then you pick about 3-5, and we'll go look and see how you like them. Then let's talk some more."
First, thing, make sure the person is a professional. Rule them out if they are not.

Now some people may think all they want is an order taker. These people are short sighted and are asking for trouble.

As I said last time, there are too many order takers masked as professionals. You have to smoke them out. Only work with a professional.

I'm trying to create a more informed real estate customer. Is this working?

Want to learn entrepreneurship? Go to www.hatman2.blogspot.com.

Want to get a poem or short story published? Go to www.byandforwriters.blogspot.com

Want tips on writing? Go to www.timswritingblog.blogspot.com. Or want to read my first book for free, or maybe get it? Go to www.kearneymusicschoolmurders.blogspot.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment